How does Bloom Box collect your Personal Information?
When you visit the website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, the websites or search terms that referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. This automatically-collected information is referred to herein as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies – data files placed on your device or computer, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- Log Files – track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
- Web Beacons, Tags and Pixels – electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Further to the above, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the website, we collect certain personal information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address and phone number. This information is referred to herein as “Order Information”.
How does Bloom Box use your Personal Information?
We use Order Information that we collect to:
- generally fulfil any orders placed through the website (including by processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- communicate with you;
- screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, consistent with any preferences you have made clear to us.
We use Device Information that we collect (particularly your IP address) to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally to improve and optimize the website (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
How does Bloom Box share your Personal Information?
We share your Personal Information with third parties for specified purposes. For example, your Personal Information is shared with Shopify to allow us to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also be required to share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive; or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we also use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by accessing the following links:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
‘Do Not Track’:
Please note that we do not alter the website’s data collection and use practices when we see a ‘Do Not Track’ signal from your browser.
How does Bloom Box retain your information?
When you place an order through the website, we maintain your Order Information for our own records unless and until you ask us to delete the information.
- via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by mail addressed to: Factory 3, 102 Henkel Street, Melbourne, Australia, VIC, 3056, Australia